The NEED4B project was selected to present its developments at the World Sustainable Energy Days (WSED), one of Europe’s largest annual conferences in this field.
The 2017 conference, which was held from 1 – 3 March in Wels/Austria, was again an international success, attracting around 700 participants from 59 countries.
This event is focused on energy efficiency, biomass and sustainable buildings through 8 specialized conferences:
- European Pellet Conference
- European Energy Efficiency Conference
- Young Researchers Conference: Biomass + Energy Efficiency
- Energy Efficiency Services and Business Conference
- E-Mobility & Smart Buildings Conference
- European Research Conference: Buildings
- European Nearly Zero Energy Buildings Conference
- Energy Efficiency Watch Conference
CIRCE, the NEED4B coordinator, was in charge of presenting the project at the European Research Conference: Buildings. Specifically, NEED4B took part in the panel Highlights from building and energy research.
Under the title “NEED4B: selecting cost-effective technologies in the building design phase”, the project coordinator showed the main characteristics of the project and the most relevant aspects.
In addition, the Intermediate outcomes were presented, including the first full year of monitoring data of the 5 buildings constructed, and the methodology that the project is developing for the design, construction and operation of very low energy new buildings.
The NEED4B conferred raised great expectations among the audience, which filled the room and showed interest in the project’s developments.